Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Bit of Whimsey from the Vermilon River. A Post to Skywatch Friday.

Slightly Threatening.


The weather man this week hedged his prediction  by covering off everything,e.g. cloudy/sunny/rainy and then quoting the probability of rain. It's a good system as  it gives him an excellent chance of being right.

This post is somewhat the same a little bit of everything.

Same


Same.


Choke Cherries.



Starting with the edible fruits and then the wild flowers. The crab apples are the only domestic tree or flower shown.

Crab Apple.


Pin Cherries.


Wild Lily of the Valley or Canada Mayflower.


Wild Violets.


Yellow Rocket.


Canadian Beaver.

I posted a beaver sequence this week. if you want to look at it, scroll down the page. But I forgot to include the photo showing his tail which I've included here. Since it`s not that great a photo I gave you a good one. 

Showing Tail

Mourning Dove.





Now here are the birds, starting with the Mourning Dove, followed by the Hairy Woodpeckers and the Sparrow. Look how many insects that female has.

Profile Mourning Dove.


Male Hairy


Male Hairy


Female Hairy.


White-throated Sparrow.






A Post to Sky Watch Friday @ http://skyley.blogspot.com/

24 comments:

  1. Dramatic sky, delicate flowers and amazing animals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it all! wow, that's a beakful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos today. I'm always taking ones of the various birds. I enjoyed your series of beaver photos. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You caught the best of them all, Gary, beautiful skies, wonderful shots of the beaver and such lovely birds! Great way to begin the day! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, very nice captures, Gary. I'd say Mama Hairy has a family to feed. What a busy beak!
    BlessYourHeart

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have everything what a man and a dog needs around. I like very much, in addition to birds, another animal, flowers and sky. Just lovely series!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this post is a veritable buffet of eye candies.

    My sky is here

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why would the weatherman want to take a chance of being wrong!!! Lovely skies, and the shots of the various birds are outstanding. Have a great weekend. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great assortment of photos! The sky shots are beautiful love the puffy clouds. It seems the weatherman lately like to cover themselves and will not commit to one forcast. I love the woodie and the other birds. Cool capture of the beaver. Happy skywatching and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos, I love them all!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The picture of the mourning dove especially caught my eye, though all of them are lovely. I missed the Canada Mayflowers this year, so I was glad to see your picture of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful flowers and birds. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful shots of the fluffy clouds in the sky as well as the birds and fauna underneath them!
    Have a great weekend Gary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there - what a great mixture of images - I like the clouds and the woodpeckers full beak.

    Have a good weekend.

    Stewart M - Australia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those dramatic clouds! And such adorable birds and flowers. Seems as if you've had sun as well as cooler weather...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful shots. Each a stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the clouds, Gary, and the female woodpecker must have youngsters to feed, but I just love the beaver photos. I've never been able to photograph one.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  18. Incredible critter photos, in spite of the silly weather. Such industry everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great clouds and beautiful post, Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Three times I have written you a long comment and lost it so this is short, I loved your post with all the critters, flora and clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful post, great shots of the beaver!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad I found your blog, I think I'll learn a lot!

    ReplyDelete