Tuesday, September 20, 2011

More New Wetland, Wood Ducks, Blue-winged Teal Ducks, Cormorants, Turkey Vultures, Sparrows, Warblers and Canada Geese.

North Wetland Looking West.
Having spent three days in the new wetland, I'm probably going to bore everyone to tears. I've included the photos of the wetland to re-acquaint you with it. If you want more information just scroll back to my earlier post. There are a series of new sightings, the Blue-winged Teals, the Canada Warbler, and, almost the Yellow- Bellied Sap Sucker, who I have seen only once before. The question marks with the birds mean, I'm not certain so jump in, although I'm going to post them on NWO Birds. There's a minimium of copy except to say that the Bear Highway is littered with bear sign and the narrow trail in the grass is theirs, not mine. So not only is there a great deal of activity, but you have to be alert as it's fall and the bears are adding extra weight now. Good thing they're vegans isn't it.

Click on the photos and the whole post will become an enlarged slideshow.   

A Post to WBW @ http://vermilonriverwildlife.blogspot.com/

South Wetland Looking West

Bear Highway And My Trail.

Canada Warbler?

Yellow-Bellied Sap Sucker ?

Song Sparrow.

Sparrow

Male Wood Duck

Male Wood Duck

Flock Of Wood Ducks.

Blue-winged Teal

Female Blue-winged Teal.

Flock Of Blue-winged Teals.

Flock Of Blue-winged Teals.

Cormorant In Flight.

Cormorant in Flight.

Canada Goose.

Flight Of Canada Geese


Close Up, so close I thought he was going to hit me.

Landing Canada Goose.

Flight of Canada Gees.

Turkey Vulture.

Turkey Vulture.

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful flight shots Gary... the Turkey Vulture is a stunning bird to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with Andrew, the Turkey Vulture is quite a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! great in-flight shots! really great focus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes I agree the turkey vulture shots are amazing!!! We got today a blue winged teal over here, too far away from me, but the winter storm are starting to bring rare vagrants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos of the wetland and a great series of bird photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shot, love the ducks in flight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those flight shots Gary, especially the Wood Duck! It looks like he's squawking at you as he's leaving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific photos, Gary! I am not sure about the Canada Warbler; with the white spectacles it looks a vireo but the streaks on the chest don't fit any of them. The sparrow is a Swamp Sparrow by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the turkey vultures...they don't get enough good press :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Careful with those bears Gary! Please! Don't you love bloggers new slide show feature? I really shows off your great photography to great advantage! Cheers to you Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Gary

    Great shots of all the flying birds I love the shots of the Turkey Vulture and the ducks are great.

    Regards
    Guy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Flying birds in beautiful formations are awesome shots. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Top notch... really awesome looking captures!!

    Pixellicious Photos

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gary, What a nice bird show you have put together for us! The Blue-wing Teals in flight are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing flight shots, and I like the one of the Canada Goose landing.
    I've seen on TV that the bears are beginning to wander into people's gardens too, looking for food, that is not a good sign I think.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Gary and also to Boomer,
    Such a pleasure to return, and extra special for me this time seeing photos of your Canada Geese.

    My Gander, Henry, who was about 14, died in my arms on the 22.09.2011... I feel numb, so visiting you and discovering Geese is rather special.

    His companion Gander, and my Friend, Nicholas, 18 this year, is beside me now watching and looking.

    Have you ever held a goose and felt it sob?
    I brought Nicholas in with me... we can share our grief together.

    Visiting you has been a gift. Thank you.

    Thank you for your wonderful photos of Birds... a treat for me and my Doves, and especially today for my Gander Nicholas.

    With Appreciation from Magda in Australia

    ReplyDelete