|Shows two lodges|
|The beaver dam is at the end of this channel.|
A few Beaver Facts:
1) Canada, or North America for that matter, had no spices as early explores hoped, but men's fashion i.e. the beaver hat would create a struggle between two empires for control of the fur trade, the beaver was the center of that trade.
2) Beavers are workers,cutting down some 216 trees individually per year. Their favourites, aspen and birch, serve as food and construction materials.
3)Dams are built to ensure that the ponds will surface freeze only leaving open the deep areas for easy winter passage.
4) Beavers dam the narrowest area embedding a substructure of branches that the water fans out and built from there.
5) The lodge consists of four rooms-feeding, resting, fresh air, and two escape areas in the event predators gain access.
6) Beaver also build canals to transport all of the material they harvest.
For more info see http://www.hwww.ca/hww2.asp?id=82 Who's Who in the Hinterland.
A post to Watery Wednesday,for more sites see: http://waterywednesday.blogspot.com/
If you are following the tour of the pond, I'll post the other on Sunday at Scenic Sunday.