Sunday, November 14, 2010

Bird's Nests of The Vermilon River


Nest about the size of my palm
 


The Birds at least re-cycle
With the advent of late fall, the leaves are gone exposing these nests. I have walked past all of them countless times on my way along the east track. I shot the old Raven photo in this area (see Blue Jays, Crows and Ravens post). And I tried to catch a shot of a rare hawk for the area here, which I did not get. They're sparrow nests I think because there were lots in the area. The second nest is about the size of my hand.  If you know what they are let me known.

4 comments:

  1. #1 and #3 look like House Sparrow nests - untidy. When built in a tree they are usually domed. I can't tell from your photos whether these are. Nest #3 - I have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust you, you're right about the sparrows in the area, which is probably the reason for the hawk being there. Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting post as usual Gary, got a good laugh on the recycled material. That nest might last 500 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of the recycle is plastic and may last that long.

    ReplyDelete